Excellent Eye Care in Downtown Newark, NJ
Dr. Feinstein and our eye care staff are here to care for all of your vision needs. We handle everything from adult and children’s eye exams and hard-to-fit contact lenses, to eye emergencies, treatment of eye diseases and co-management of eye surgery such as LASIK.
What sets our practice apart?
Comprehensive eye exams
- All comprehensive exams are truly comprehensive, not just an exam to measure a patient’s prescription.
- Above exams include glaucoma and cataract testing and dilation to check for eye diseases.
- Visual Field Analyzer – This device measures peripheral vision which is how glaucoma is diagnosed and managed.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)- This device is the gold standard for evaluation of the back of the eye. Just like a CT scan can scan a brain, with the OCT we can now image the layers of the retina to check for diabetic changes in the eye and for macula degeneration that were previously unable to be seen.
- Retinal Camera- This camera takes digital photographs of the inside of the eye. These pictures can be shown to the patient right on the Doctor’s computer.
- Most patients don’t realize that contact lenses come in different sizes and shapes. Since all eyes aren’t the same, contact lenses must be fitted for the individual. One size does not fit all. All of our patients who come in for contact lenses try on sample lenses of one or more brands to assure that their contacts are comfortable before they order them.
Dr. Feinstein says, “Every patient I see, whether the visit is for a straightforward eye examination or a complicated glaucoma case gets my full attention while in the office. When I make a diagnostic decision or a recommendation for glasses or contact lenses, I always think, ‘What would I do if those were my eyes,’ and then I make my decision accordingly.”
Dr. Michael Feinstein offers emergency services. Dr. Michael Feinstein provides emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don’t try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Please call our office: 973-624-2090 for further instructions. Use your best judgment. If this is a serious emergency, please go to the nearest emergency room.
Dr. Feinstein received a BA in Biology from Lehigh University and graduated from Long Island University with a MS in Biology. His doctoral degree is from the State University of New York College of Optometry. Dr. Feinstein has spent his whole career practicing in Newark.
Our Patients Say It Best!
Dr Michael Feinstein
17 Academy St
Newark, NJ 07102
- Monday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday:8:00 am - 3:00 pm